Become a Volunteer
Unchained Melodies Dog Rescue (UMDR) is a volunteer organization! The work we do to save dogs requires community, and one of the most effective ways to get involved is through volunteering. We have many different volunteer opportunities at UMDR:
- You can help out out by walking and working with dogs at our training facility, performing light cleaning and washing dishes, and much more!
- You can help out with adoption, fundraising, and outreach events we hold throughout the year.
- You can help with administrative tasks like data entry or follow-up phone calls to adopters.
- You can help us with transport by driving dogs to and from the vet for spay/neuter surgeries and other medical needs, or picking up dogs who need help reaching their foster homes. We also always need help with transporting supplies like dog food!
- You can volunteer in our puppy nursery by feeding, walking and cleaning up after our Mommas and babies!
- You can also become a Foster home. In order to rescue dogs, we need foster homes willing to provide a temporary home while our dogs await adoption.
These are just a few of the things volunteers can help with! We hope you’ll consider joining our volunteer team!
How to Become a Volunteer
Becoming a volunteer with Unchained Melodies Dog Rescue (UMDR) is easy! Our Volunteer Program is open to everyone. To get started, fill out a volunteer application. We will be in touch with you when we have a volunteer training coming up.